Tuesday 28 June 2011

Makeup in a jiffy ~ MAC Paintpot in Constructivist , Review , Photos and Swatches

MAC Paintpot in Constructivist

I play it super duper safe when it comes to office makeup. For me an adventurous makeup day at work is putting a dark brown shade of eyeshadow :P. But come weekends I don every thing from bright green to bright pink – quite alarming for the boy.

Today I had really little time to get ready but was in the mood for something “adventurous” – you know to beat the Tuesday blues. I never dread going to office on Mondays – Tuesdays and Thursdays are my feeling bugged about work days. Anyway I took out my MAC Constructivist paintpot with a flourish and lightly swept  the MAC 217 brush on it  and brushed it directly on my lids. A couple of seconds of blending and voila – what we have here is “my fun”  office makeup look.

The MAC 217 and the paintpots are a match made in eye makeup heaven , I tell ya! The big fluffy head deposits just enough color and blending is a breeze with this brush. Paintpots are very easy to layer on as well.  The constructivist paintpot is a gorgeous dark brown color with a metallic finish. It looks beautiful on its own  or paired with other eyeshadows like Sushi flower. It also forms a very good base for doing brown smoky looks. And if the word metallic is alarming you , don’t worry- its not frostly at all. Just the right amount of sheen.



MAC Constructivist



Swatch of MAC Constructivist Paintpot

Price? 1100 INR

The Good?

  • Constructivist looks very good on my dusky skin. It’s a gorgeous dark brown color with a bronzy metallic finish.  I believe it will look good on fair skin tones as well.

  • Its buildable. I put a light coat for something very natural. And a couple of coats for a nice rich brown color.
  • It doesn’t crease on me. And I have oily skin. It does fade through out the day though if worn without a primer.

  • I know the price is steep but it seriously lasts for ever! The color is so pigmented that you need a tini tiny amount for each application.

The Not So Good?

The glass jar is quite heavy and I am always scared that I will drop it.

Makeup-Mantra rating – 10/10

I absolutely LOVE!!!  the formula of MAC paint pots. My only complaint is that they don’t come in a lot of fun colors. I would love to see a rich gray with navy blue undertone and silver shimmer. Now that would be something! Are you listening MAC?

I am completely addicted to cream eyeshadows now. I am going to get my hands on a Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadow soon. Sooo excited about that!!
Which is your favorite paintpot?







No comments:

Post a Comment