Friday 10 June 2011

Lets raise a toast, shall we? ~ NYX eyeshadow in Champagne


What makes your heart skip a beat? Apart from Johnny Depp I mean :P. Do neutral colors make you swoon or is it the color eyeshadows that makes you take out your credit card in a snap?

For me neutral color eyeshadows make my heart sing. I love an eyeshadow which has just the right amount of chocolaty warmth, a color which has just the perfect shade of gold running through it or a milky brown color which feels like silk on my skin. That is another reason why I love MAC so much. They do neutral colors beautifully. I think their color eyeshadow range can do with some additions. But neutral they have got it covered. Every nuetral  color from Vanilla to Smut is lust worthy.

Since I obviously cant keep buying MAC. The madness has to stop sometime! I turned to NYX for credit card friendly dupes. NYX eyeshadow in Champagne is one of their best selling eyeshadows I believe and has a rating of 4.6 on Makeupalley. This color is a  light peach and beige color with golden shimmer. There is just a hint of peach. On my skin it mostly looks like a very alive beige color. I feel that slight hint of peach really makes it unique. And the shimmer is very finely done. Nothing OTT at all.

NYX Eyeshadow in Champagne

NYX Eyeshadow in Champagne
Price?  Around $ 4 at Cherryculture


How to ?

I love to use NYX Champagne as a sheer wash of color on my lids. This just brightens my eyes very subtly.
I also sometimes add a bit of a matt brown in the corner to  add some definition to my eyes.
This works as a lovely highlight color.

The Good?

I love the color. It’s just beautiful.

The shimmer is very finely milled.

This is so economical. I love a good deal J

I love the simple and functional NYX packaging. And the quilted pattern on top is adorable.

Super soft and easy to blend.

The Not so Good?

This is eyeshadow is a little powdery and there is a bit of fallout. Usually the  NYX Metallic eyeshadows are quite well pressed.

Makeup-Mantra Rating:- 9/10

I love to use NYX Champagne for a quick bright eye look. It almost makes me feel as good as a glass of bubbly .


What is your favorite neutral eyeshadow color?




No comments:

Post a Comment