Saturday 18 June 2011

Blush love ~ Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Soft Plum, Review

Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Soft Plum

The word mousse evokes only happy thoughts, of feather light chocolate mousse, or decadent mousse cakes and now this pretty pink blush. This mousse blush made me fall in love with the concept of blushers. I love doing up my eyes and blush makes me feel too made up. When I first bought this blush over a year back I used this every single day. I was totally obsessed. After that I bought many other blushes , but I still come back to this every now and then.

The texture of this blush is really amazing- super soft whipped texture. It feels like a high end blush. Recently I was browsing through the YSL counter at the airport and tried their version of mousse blush and I felt its very similar to the Maybelline one . Soft plum is more of a bright pink rather than plum in color. And have I mentioned yet ?- it’s a breeze to blend. 

Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Soft Plum

Price? Around Rs 200              



Swatch Of Maybelline blush in Soft Plum

The Good?

  • Amazing texture. One of the best textures in blush I have seen so far. Its not a cream , its somewhere between a cream and powder.
  • The finish is beautiful. It dries to a powder finish on the skin.
  • It blends effortlessly. Seriously this feels so good to touch. Silky soft. I wish someone makes a cream in this texture.
  • I love the bright pink pop of color it gives to my cheeks. It can be built up in intensity as well

The Not So Good?

  • This blush has a bit of a chunky glitter. Now this is not fine shimmer that we are talking about. You can actually see the individual glitter particles. But thankfully the glitter things are not densely packed. Because of these stupid glitter particles I like to use this only for the evening.
  • This doesn’t last for very long on my oily skin.4 hours tops.


Makeup- Mantra rating? 8/10

I am definitely going to repurchase this once it gets over. It’s a really pretty color. Take a moment to swatch it next time you are at a Maybelline counter.I really wish this didn’t have shimmer. I would have worn it ll the time then.
Have you tried the Maybelline Mousse blush in Soft Plum?






2 comments:

  1. i absolutely loved the mousse blush when it came out. It was one of my first blushes i think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea...the texture is very nice..Which color did you try ?

    ReplyDelete