Sunday 22 May 2011

A twist for glowing cheeks ~NYX Grinding Powder blush in Nutmeg,Review and Swatches

NYX HD Studio Grinding Blush


Well, shake it up, baby, now, (shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout. (twist and shout)
Cmon cmon, cmon, cmon, baby, now, (come on baby)
Come on and work it on out. (work it on out)

While  a normal Homosapien would dedicate romantic ballads to his/her sweetheart , the slightly (makeup) crazy ones dedicate songs to their beloved beauty treasures. Well I don’t know if they do, I certainly felt like dedicating this awesome Beatles song to the NYX grinding powder blush.

I love NYX makeup and I am quite addicted to ordering from Cherry Culture every time they have a sale. I have their regular powder blusher and I absolutely love it. So when NYX came up with their HD line of makeup I had to try!! The HD line of makeup is more expensive than their regular line, so I had to control myself. I ordered 2 products from their HD line, NYX Grinding powder blush in Nutmeg and their HD eye shadow primer. I loved the concept of twisting the lid to grind the powder. I get sucked in by such marketing gimmicks instantly K.

NYX Grinding blush in Nutmeg


Brown pinks, nude pinks, dusty rose – these are the blush colors that make my heart skip a beat. I know coral and peachy pinks are the craze all over but I can’t get myself to love them as much as nude pinks. The color Nutmeg is right up my alley. It’s a beautiful muted brown pink which looks oh so natural on my NC 42-45 skin tone ( I tan very easily, each time I go to MAC I am a different skin tone). When it comes to blushes I like them a bit sheer so that I can build up if I want a heavier look and this fits the bill in this aspect as well. I was prepared for a chalky blush to tell you the truth because after all this is a loose powder blusher. But the texture of the blush is really amazing. It is super smooth ,very finely milled and applies beautifully. This is very easy to blend and you can layer this for intensity.

Though I love the packaging and it is fun to twist the lid to get the blush out , it is difficult to get the exact amount of product you need. And the blush which remains gets everywhere especially on the side of the lid. 


NYX Grinding Blush In Nutmeg

Swatch of NYX Grinding blush in Nutmeg

Price ? $16

How to ? Twist it slowly and out comes the beautiful blush. Any blusher brush would work for this.

The Good:-
  • · I absolutely love the color. Beautiful medium pink with a hint of brown. I think this would be   a perfect everyday blush for dusky girls.
  •   The texture of this blush is silky soft.
  •  You can layer on without it looking powdery.
  •   This blends in beautifully with my skin.
  •  This blush does not have any shimmer but the finish is not totally matte either. It is more of a satin finish. Looks luminous.
  •    Perfect for office wear and I can build it up in intensity during evening outs. Love this.
  •   It lasts for a really long time. Around 4-5 hours.
The Not so good:-
  • ·          It is pricey for a drugstore brand but the quality is top notch.
  • ·          The packaging could use some tweaks.It doesn’t bother me all that much though.

Makeup- Mantra rating :- 9/10

I absolutely love this blush and I have been using this almost everyday since the past 2 weeks. The texture and the finish is really mind blowing.

Have you tried any of the NYX Grinding powder blushes?


No comments:

Post a Comment