Monday 9 May 2011

Beauty and the Brows ~ NYX Eyebrow Cake powder, Review and Swatch

NYX  Eyebrow Cake Powder
NYX Eyebrow cake powder in Dark Brown/Brown

If your brows behave like wild beasts NYX has the right tool to tame them. This small and compact brow kit has all the stuff to keep your brows under control. I got this kit in the color 02 Dark Brown/Brown. This has 2 powder brow colors. Both are dark brown in color and pack in the right amount of pigmentation. The round thing on the left side is the brow wax. This kit also comes with 2 applicators. And surprise surprise these are the 2 most useful applicators I have found in any makeup kit.

Applicators 



Swatch NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
Price? $6
How to ? Apply any of the 2 powders using the small angle brush. Apply in short strokes with a light hand. Then I comb my brows in place using the small spooly applicator. Next I apply a very light layer of wax on my brows to set them.
The Good:-       

  •          The two powders are pigmented just right. They are soft and smooth in texture and I have not faced any fallout with them.
  •          The applicators in the kit are really useful.
  •          The wax does a good job of keeping the brows in place.
  •          The kit is small and compact. Very nicely designed.
The not so good:-

  •          The wax doesn’t last on my brows for longer than 4-5 hours.
  •          The 2 powders in the kit look almost the same.
All in all I love this cute little brow kit. I usually don’t have the time to do my brows everyday. If I don’t have the time for filling in my brows I just put a little wax on them. It helps them look more neat and groomed. This is one of my favorite purchases from NYX.
Makup-Mantra rating:- 9 /10
Have you tried to tame your brows? What products do you use ?

No comments:

Post a Comment