Tuesday 31 May 2011

Blush Love ~ Maybelline Apricot Flush Powder blush, Photos, Swatches

  • Maybelline  Blush in Apricot Flush


I was rifling through my makeup collection yesterday night hoping to be inspired to write another post on this blog. I came across the many blushes that I have bought over the past couple of years and I wondered how many blushers does a girl really need?

 Well let us not waste any time in answering stupid rhetorical questions!! According to me no two blushes are the same. There are subtle differences which only a true makeup loving girl can understand. Some blushes have just a little bit more pink or a little more golden sheen than the other, which makes each color unique. 

Maybelline  Blush in Apricot Flush
Ok thats enough jibber jabber on makeup. Lets talk about the Maybelline Apricot Powder blush shall we? This is a peach blush with a lot of golden shimmer. The shimmer is very finely milled and translates to a pretty golden sheen on my cheeks. This looks kinda similar to the MAC Peachykeen blush. Peachykeen has more pink in it. But a light dustng of either blush gives pretty much the same result – a subtle golden sheen.




Maybelline Apricot Flush Blush

Swatch Of Maybelline Apricot Flush Blush

Swatch Of Maybelline Apricot Flush Blush

Price? Around Rs 200

The Good ?
  • I love the color. A muted peach with gold shimmer.
  • I love to use this on top of my matte blushes. A very light dusting of this gives just the right amount of golden sheen.
  • The texture of the blush is pretty decent. Though it is not as buttery as MAC blushes it is not chalky either. Somewhere in the middle.
  • Good color payoff.
  • This is a good quality economical blush.


The Not So Good ?
  • This is not as easy to blend. I feel I have to work a little to make it look flawless.
  • The blush that comes with it is useless.

Makeup-Mantra Rating 8/10


This is one of the best budget buy beauty products that I own. Maybelline is a pretty reliable brand when it comes to budget makeup. Except the Aqua shine lipsticks everything I have tried has turned out to be of very good quality. This color is beautiful and would flatter a wide range of skintones. Do swatch it the next time you swing by your neighborhood mall.
Which Maybelline products do you own? 

No comments:

Post a Comment