Monday 9 May 2011

Faking Flaaawless skin ~ Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+ Foundation


If you have it then flaunt it. If not, well, then fake it. I wish I had flawless skin ( well which girl doesn’t) so that I could step out bare faced any time. But since I don’t I needed a magic potion to fake the flawless skin look. Have I found it ? Keep Reading.
My skin acts like a temperamental diva- super smooth and glowing skin for a few days followed by a sudden attack of breakouts.  I needed a foundation which can be sheered out for the good skin days or built up in coverage during the acne scarring days. I had heard rave reviews of MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation from TifannyD and since I was on the lookout for a really good foundation, I decided to check out the Mat Velvet+ foundation at the MUFE store at Inorbit. 


My experience at the MUFE store was disappointing to say the least. The MUA was least interested in helping me find the right foundation and shade. When I wanted to check how the foundation will look on my skin she very reluctantly applied a couple of shades on a small portion of my face. And the quantity she applied was easily enough for atleast 3 full face applications. It was nearly impossible to find the right shade when so much foundation was applied just on one corner of my face. I decided to muster courage ( I needed a lot of it to shell out nearly 2k for a color match I wasn’t sure of ) and take the plunge. Buying a foundation is serious business. I am serious :P
I got the Mat Velvet+ foundation in color 65. Thankfully the color matched perfectly on my NC42-45 skin. I would say MUFE Mat Velvet+ 65 is probably equivalent to MAC NC 43 or NC 44. I have been using this for a couple of months almost daily and it is worth every rupee. This has found a permanent place in my makeup bag.

Price ? 1920
How to ? I dot the foundation all over my face and then blend with fingers. After it looks reasonably even I take MAC 187 and buff it in further.The whole process does  not take more than 5 minutes.

The Good :-

  •            This makes my pigmented oily skin look flawless but not in a mask like way. It just blurs out the imperfections. I apply very little foundation but if I apply more all my blemishes can be easily covered without looking cakey.
  •           This is a matte foundation but does not look or feel matte. Even though I have oily skin I am not very fond of the matte look. I like a little bit of a shine to come through. This foundation is perfect for that. This goes on smooth and has more of a satin finish.
  •           Mat Velvet + wears really really well. I swear my skin looks even better as more number of hours go by. In the morning when I put it on my skin looks fresh ,flawless but not necessarily glowing. But as the hours go by my skin starts to look more glowy.I guess the natural oils of my skin start to come through.
  •            Looks natural. If I am in a hurry I quickly apply with just my fingers and it still looks flawless.
  •           It can be built up in coverage without any problem.
  •           This foundation just last and lasts and lasts. I put in on in the morning and take it off after 12 hours and it is still very much present.
  •           This has never broken me out. I have used this when I have active breakouts but it has not aggravated my skin in any way.
  •           I love the packaging. It’s a plastic squeeze packaging which is sooo much better than heavy glass ones.
The Not so good:-

  •          Nothing what so ever. I love this!! The price might look steep but very little quantity is needed for each application.
I am absolutely in love with this foundation. I think this is one of the gems of my makeup bag and it has found a permanent place in my vanity. I have been using this every day since the last 2 months. I love everything about this right from the consistency to the packaging to how good it looks on my skin. Also MUFE foundations have a huge variety of shades to choose from. I believe that the MAT velvet+ comes in 16 shades and the MUFE HD foundation comes in 25 shades. Such a large range is particularly helpful to Indian girls as our skin tone ranges from very fair to olive to dark. Just a few drops are needed for each application and I am sure this will last for a really long time.
Makeup-mantra rating:- 10/10
I have found my flawless skin foundation. Have you ? Please share. I would love to explore more products.


No comments:

Post a Comment